Nursing Consideration for Nephritic Syndrome Patients
1. Rest: proper rest can release the workload of kidney. The Nephritic Syndrome patients should stay in the bed which can increase the content of kidney blood circulation, facilitate the urination, and decrease going out, thus prevent cross-infection. However, the patients should keep bed activity and around bed activity, and prevent the form of lime vascular thrombosis. When the Nephritic Syndrome symptoms are alleviated, the patients can gradually increase the activities which can decline the complications and decrease blood fat.
2. Diet management: limit the intake of water, salt. The intake of sodium should not exceed 2 gram, and the intake of protein should be mainly high protein efficiency high quality protein. For the person with normal kidney function, the protein intake should be 0.8 to 1.0 gram per day per kilo.
3. Skin care: it should keep skin clean and dry, and prevent damage and inflammation on the edema part, and avoid long time pressed, and vary position frequently. It should be avoided latrogenic skin damage and should be used small pinhead for the injection, and the local part be pressed after the withdrawal needle.
4. Prevent inflammation: pay attention to oral cavity care. It should be brushed the teeth every morning and evening, gargled after meal, and avoid peculiar smell stimulate oral cavity. It is advisable to avoid cross infection,and disinfect the ward regular and avoid the touch with infection of the upper respiratory tract patients.
5. Psychological care: the patients often have fear, be irritable, feel sad and worried and other psychological imbalance manifestation, which are unfavorable to the treatment and recovery of the disease. The family member and the nurses should offer psychological counseling in time, which help the recovery of patients’ diseases.
6. Clinical care: the patients with obvious edema and a great deal of protein urine should stay in the bed, and the patients with edema on eyelid and face should sleep with higher pillow. The serious patients with edema should change the position frequently. The patients of pleural effusion ought to keep semireclining position and the scrotum edema patients should prop scrotum with truss and take high heat, rich vitamin and low salt diet.
7. Pharmacotherapy care: it is noted that the drug reaction after diuretic, such as the urine volume, weight, and elasticity of skin. Withdraw or change the administration method should be conducted under the guide of nephropathy specialist, and be not hurry and abrupt drug withdrawal, otherwise it may induce negative effect.