Ibuprofen is among the common Nephrotoxic medicines that may possibly induce
What are common types of Nephrotoxic medicines?
1. Antibiotics and chemotherapy drugs:
①Commonly seen: amphotericin B, neomycin, cefotaxime, Ⅱ, etc.;
②Less commonly seen: gentamicin, card, kanamycin, streptomycin, tobramycin,
amikacin, polymyxin, vancomycin, sulfa drugs, etc.;
③Occasional seen: penicillin (I, II, III), carbenicillin, chlortetracycline,
oxytetracycline, cefotaxime (Ⅳ, Ⅴ and Ⅵ), rifampicin and so on.
2. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory and analgesic drugs: indomethacin,
ibuprofen, aspirin, compound aspirin (APC), phenacetin, security antipyrine
aminopyrine, paracetamol and so on.What Is the Right Treatments' Choice for Kidney Failure Patients
3.Chemotherapy drugs: cisplatin, methotrexate and mitomycin-C
4.Anti-epilepsy drugs: three pairs of ketones, phenytoin sodium
Other nephrotoxic medicines also include: anesthetics, a variety of vascular
contrast agents and so on. What’s a Natural Way to Lower Creatinine 7.8 for Kidney Failure Patients
What are symptoms of drug-induced kidney damage?
Patients with drug-induced kidney damage may present various symptoms, such
as back pain, changed urine color or urine output, nocturia, swelling in eyelids
or lower limbs, anemia, fatigue, etc.
Clinically, however, there are also such cases where patients don’t present
any symptom at all.40% Kidney Failure, 60% Remaining: Is There Any Way to Reverse It
How to prevent medicine-induced kidney diseases?
1. Take in water before and after consuming the medicines so as to promote
excretion of the medicines and alleviate toxicity to the kidneys.
2. Apply medicines under instructions of expert doctors. Never increase
medicine dosage or application time on your own will.
3. The elderly, diabetics and kidney disease sufferers should try to avoid
4. For patients with renal insufficiency, medicine dosage should be adjusted
based on the specific kidney function.