Diet for Children with Nephrotic Syndrome
Nephritis may arise as a result of nutritional deficiencies, particularly if the diet lacks in vitamin B1, chlorine, magnesium or essential fatty acids.
1. Make sure that your child’s diet has a large amount of fresh fruits and vegetables as opposed to processed and fried foods.
2. Vitamin B1 is found in most whole grain foods, pulses, green vegetables and fortified cereals.How Much Calorie Should Be Given to a Nephrotic Syndrome Patient Diet for Reducing Proteinuria in Nephrotic Syndrome
Green vegetables like spinach are also a good source of magnesium, as are certain nuts and seeds.What Food Should a Child With Nephrotic Syndrome Eat
3. Chlorine can be obtained through almost all fruits and vegetables.
4. The best natural sources for essential fatty acids are fish, flaxseed oil, soya or canola oil, pumpkin seeds, walnuts and leafy vegetables.A Low Protein Diet for Nephrotic Syndrome Patients
5. Vitamin or mineral supplements can also compensate for any deficiency, but should not be administered without consulting a nutritionist.Diet Tips for Nephrotic Syndrome Patients Acupuncture for Kidney Disease
The above information provide you some diet principles for Child Nephrotic Syndrome. Hope the information can help you. Some patients want us provide then a detailed food list for everyday. Here I only provide you some diet principles. If you want to get the detailed food list, you should send me all the food your kid is taking everyday or the common food in your country. Because different country has different diet habit. If you want to know other information such as diet and treatment, you can send email at me